The Evacuation sheet is designed for placement below a foam mattress. It is secured with 4 elastic corner straps for safety and comfort. The sheet has been vigorously tested. It ensures straps and buckles and stitching remain intact in the event of an emergency. It offers a speedy solution so that bed bound patients can be removed to safety.
- 185 x 85cm
- Maximum patient weight 400kg.
- Safe working load 160kg.
- Machine washable.
- Safe and comfortable.
- Fire retardant.
- Doesn’t need maintenance in normal use.
- Should be regularly inspected for accidental damage.
- Carefully check stitching, webbing and fabric condition.
- Follow standard hospital laundry guidelines HSG (95)18.
- The use of bleaching agents should be avoided.
- Latex free.
- Maximum recommended washing temperature 80° C.
- Drip dry, (if necessary a low temperature tumble dry may be used).
The Evacuation Sheet is made form Transtex fabric. Designed to remain underneath a mattress. Ready for rapid evacuation. Ideal for Nursing, Residential and Community services. In an emergency wrap around the patient, cocoon them within the mattress, to form a protective sledge. Drag loops at head and foot. Use them too rapidly tow the patient from the building.
There are two alternative securing methods to retain the evacuation sheet under the mattress;
1. Velcro straps that secure the sheet to the bed frame.
2. Elastic straps that loop around each end of the mattress. If soiled the evacuation sheet can easily be removed for laundering.
You may also be interested in items from our Beds, Bedding and Linens ranges available to purchase through Medipost.
To keep up to date on special offers and product launches you can now follow us on Facebook!
If you are unable to locate an item, please contact our friendly and reliable team on 01305 760750. We only list the most popular product lines on our website. However other items can be ordered from our wide range of suppliers. When contacting us please provide as much information as possible about the product.
Our opening hours are from 9 am till 5 pm Monday to Thursday.
8:30 am till 4:30 pm on Fridays.